Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Plein Air Work On Our Florida Trip

About time I updated this thing.

These are paintings I did while we were in Florida at the end of May. I would hop on my bicycle with my backpack and set off to paint. The first day I painted oils in Oscar Scherer State Park. Then I went on another day to Historic Spanish Point and did watercolor.
























This first one is an oil from Oscar Scherer State Park. 8"x10" oil on canvas panel.

























Here is the view that I painted.















































This one I painted along the creek that flows through the park. I must admit, it was tougher than I thought and the bugs were relentless. It's 9"x12" oil on canvas panel.




















Here is a shot of the view.






































Now were heading to Spanish Point. This is a view of the sharpie sailboat, Lizzie G, on it's mooring, nestled next to the mangroves. Roughly 7"x10" watercolor on Arches 140lb. cold press paper

















Here's the view.

























Next, I painted the church. I thought the trees were pretty dramatic...whether I captured that or not?
Roughly 7"x10" watercolor on Arches 140lb. cold press paper.

























The view.

























This next one I painted on Nokomis Beach as a storm was approaching. It stayed away from us, but was close enough to spit just a few drops and pick up the wind. I painted this in about 15-20 minutes, then went to watch the sunset.
Roughly 7"x10" watercolor and ink pen on Arches 140lb. cold press paper.


















The view.

























This last one I did of this amazing live oak that arches out over the creek behind the place we stay in Nokomis. The sun was setting behind the tree and made it a tough subject...and I was rushing to get to dinner. Ha! Roughly 7"x10" watercolor on Arches 140lb. cold press paper.

















The view.



















Well, until next time. Thanks for viewing my work.

Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment