Friday, August 16, 2013

Old Ford Truck

Just across the Tradewater River that marks the boundary into Crittenden Co, KY. ,on Hwy. 132, sets an old 1949 Ford 1 ton truck. I pass it every time I drive down to my in-laws and keep telling myself I'm going to paint it. Well, I finally did. Working from a photo in the studio.

If you are interested in owning an original painting, please contact me. Sold work will be marked.
Email: derrt33@yahoo.com
phone: 812-306-1699

I started on a blank 9"x12" canvas and sketched it in directly with a view of the truck pulled up on my computer screen.









































From there I just started building up the rusty color and texture on the truck.
























And farther along
























And the finished piece:
"Fishtrap Ford"
9"x12" oil on canvas panel
























No comments:

Post a Comment