Monday, August 12, 2013

Crittenden County Fields

My family and I spent the weekend at my in-laws property in rural Crittenden Co. KY.  and I did a couple of plein air pieces while we were there.

This first one I did Saturday evening with the hot burning sun on my right shoulder and bugs and mosquitoes attacking my arms and legs, which I finally had to relent and run back to the house and get some bug spray. They were driving me to distraction.

 If you are interested in owning an original painting, please contact me. Sold work will be marked.
Email: derrt33@yahoo.com
phone: 812-306-1699

This on is 11"x14" oil on canvas panel.

The subject is a beautiful big sycamore tree down in a valley below the house.





















This next one I did on Sunday in late morning. I set up and painted from the shade of the back porch.

In this one, the same sycamore from yesterday's painting is the tree on the right and a nice stand of pines are on the left with the trees along the fencer ow across the back.

9"x12" oil on canvas panel




















No comments:

Post a Comment