Friday, July 26, 2013

Painting Around Town

Got a late start this morning as I had to service the bearings in my rear hub on my bicycle before taking off. So, by a little after 11am, I was off to find something of interest to paint. I had in mind the river front again.

As I rode down there I passed by a building that I've always wanted to try, but felt the architecture was too overwhelming. It's the Haley-McGinnis Funeral Home. Well, today, I stopped and gave it a try. I was particularly drawn to the water fountain.

 If you are interested in owning an original painting, please contact me. Sold work will be marked.
Email: derrt33@yahoo.com
phone: 812-306-1699

I first did some ink pen sketches to get a feel for the place.







































Next I readied me a sheet of 140lb.cold press Arches paper and did this watercolor.
It's an 8"x10" image





















From there I went down to Smothers Park and wanted to try to do something to include the fountains down there. But, being it was high noon, the lighting was just not working for me. So I hit some side streets and came upon this view of some people sitting in the shade in front of The Famous Bistro. Of course to get that view, I had to sit in direct sunlight. But, I  made do.

Arches 140lb. cold press.
8"x10" watercolor





From there I started meandering back home and went by a house I had seen a few weeks ago and had talked to the owner about stopping by to paint her incredible garden.

Here is what I came up with. Watercolor, of course.


















Thanks for stopping by!
Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment