Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Buffalo Fest Plein Air Paintout

The Owensboro Museum of Fine Art held a plein air paint out in conjunction with it's Buffalo Festival this past weekend.

It turned out to be a drab, wet weekend, but I managed to get three paintings completed and turned in.
I wasn't as successful this time, but had a great time and the museum puts on a very good event.

The first day I painted at a lovely farm in eastern Daviess Co.

"Beech Tree Hill"
10"x8" oil on linen panel











































That afternoon the clouds had been building up and sprinkled some rain. I kept painting and eventually the sky and sun peaked out of the clouds a little.

"Here Comes the Sun"
12"x24" oil on linen panel SOLD

































The next day I waited for the rain to let up then headed downtown to try and find someplace I may be able to hide out of the rain and paint.

I decided to tackle this composition of buildings and construction equipment.

"Under Construction"
16"x12" oil on linen panel
















































No comments:

Post a Comment