Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Falls of the Yellowstone Reference

It was getting late in the day and I wanted to get some better, closer, photos of the falls; so I ran down Uncle Tom's Trail (and about 300 metal steps) to the base of the falls.

I can't begin to describe how awesome it is to stand there and see, smell, hear, and feel this majestic site. It was almost hypnotic to stand there and watch the water pour over the ledge and I was particularly drawn to that turquoise wedge of water on the left hand side...so artfully perfect.

 Here's an interesting link to info on the trail: http://www.yellowstonepark.com/2011/06/hike-yellowstone-national-parks-uncle-toms-trail/

So, here is the reference I'm using for the painting below.

























The next image here is to show just how huge it is...notice the people standing at the observation platform that you can hardly see in the above image.

























No comments:

Post a Comment