Thursday, March 7, 2013

North Shore Dreams

Here's an oil I just did this week.

16"x12" stretched canvas

My wife and I were married on Oahu in Dec. 2007. I shot this photo of her walking down the beach near our rental home on the north shore. It was our first morning there and she was the first person to make footprints in the sand that day. I've looked at this and always wanted to paint it, but just kept putting it off.

 Now, I think I have a fairly decent handle on the oils, so I thought I'd give it a go.



















I actually used a couple different photos to get what I wanted.



















That's my little brother, who technically made the first tracks in the sand.





















That far off land mass is the west end of the island, Kaena Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment