Monday, March 4, 2013

About time to update this thing

Wow, does time get away from you! I haven't had a whole bunch of artistic output this past week, but I have been doing a lot of other things to hopefully make me a better artist. Started attending a weekly figure drawing class at a local college, for one. Also, continuing to sketch as often as possible.

So, here's what I've actually painted of late.

No particular order.

I was in the studio reading and my son was on the computer messing around. So I decided to do a quick figure study in oil of him. I knew he wouldn't be going anywhere.

It's on an 8"x10" canvas panel. I did a quick charcoal sketch to locate everything then went right in with paint. Spent about 1 hour on it, then came back the next day and cleaned up some edges and strengthened some area.
























There is an online forum I frequent called Wet Canvas and there are monthly painting challenges put up by other artists. There was a nice sunrise image that was posted, so I took a shot at it.

It's on 10"x8" canvas panel. Fairly happy with how it turned out.




















The last image here is from yesterday in my sketchbook. I took the kids down to a local park on the riverfront and while they played, I did this sketch.

Even though it was fairly sunny, it was still pretty cold and a northwest wind coming across the river. So, I really made this one short. Probably 1/2 hour, maybe less because of being interrupted by an onlooker that wouldn't leave me alone. But, he needed to talk. So I stopped and listened. One of the many hats I wear, apparently.




















No comments:

Post a Comment