Wednesday, April 2, 2014

An Afternoon Quick Study

I had to run over to Henderson, KY today to drop off a painting for an upcoming show, A Fresh Perspective.

While there I figured I might as well find a spot to paint and immediately thought of Audubon Park. I only had about an hour to work before I needed to get back home and meet my kids getting off the school bus.

I decided to work small and used one of my freshly made 5"x7" oil primed panels.

It was an overcast day with a few sprinkles here and there, which makes it nice for painting I think. I set up on a bank of the lake with some interesting trees and the reflections from the far side even though there is no green yet.















    "Overcast Reflections"
        5"x7" oil on panel
              plein air
                 $95

No comments:

Post a Comment