Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Frog Pond Plein Air

Went out this morning to the Rudy Mine Trails of Ben Hawes Park here in Owensboro. It was a picture perfect morning and I intended to find something perfect to make a picture.

I slung my pack onto my back and carried my french easel and took off down a trail to find that elusive vista to capture on canvas. After walking about 3/4 mile or so, I came to a large open field and was thinking about possibilities there, then, off in the distance and down a valley I could hear a chorus of frogs. My signal that spring is finally here and I went down to their pond...it turned out to be more of a marsh, but it works.

 

I found a spot in the shade of a stand of trees and honeysuckle that afforded me a view of the morning sun illuminating the marsh grass and cattails. A few sycamores in the middle distance served to balance the composition nicely.
















 "Morning at the Frog Pond"
   9"x12" oil on linen panel
               plein air
                $245



Here are some shots from the scene.



























































No comments:

Post a Comment