Thursday, April 17, 2014

Springtime at the Orchard

Today I joined a few of my painting buddies to paint the blooming spring colors out at Reid's Orchard, here in Owensboro, KY.

I also wanted to try my hand at painting really small, so both of these are on 4"x6" oil primed panels.

Here is the first one I did of the peach trees in bloom. Thankfully this cold snap we just had didn't seem to affect them.















"Peaches in Bloom"
4"x6" oil on panel
plein air



This last one I did because I was attracted to the bright afternoon sunlight beaming in between the boards of a door to one of the barns I had been painting near. I was standing in the shade of a roof on this side of the barn, so I tried to downplay any contrast in this area so the intensity and contrast were at the far side door. My camera isn't doing a very good job of depicting the actually color and value of this painting...it's too much of a blue cast to it.















"Through the Barn"
4"x6" oil on panel
plein air









No comments:

Post a Comment