Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Spring, it's On!

What can I say, spring is truly and finally here, and it just doesn't get much better than this. Beauty everywhere you look and trying to eliminate all the possibilities and settle on just one to paint is a tough job...but I'll take it.

Yesterday I went out to what is becoming one of my favorite places to paint close by, Reid's Orchard and my friend Katie's home.

It was a nice day, a little windy, clouds coming and going and the sun when it appeared was like an atom bomb lighting up all the colors everywhere. I picked this view that included an end of Katie's house, the pink blooming dogwood, the old maple tree, and a glimpse of the sky and clouds.

















"Spring Blooms"
12"x16" oil on linen panel
plein air

No comments:

Post a Comment