Friday, February 1, 2013

Big Sky Over The Wind River Mountains

OK, I don't think I made the promise yet, but I will be posting failures as well as successes.

I'm not too sure this one works. Something feels off to me and I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Trying to do a sky like this in watercolor is quite difficult...or at least to me it is. Watercolor, among other things, is about controlling edges...there's a lot of edges to try and keep soft while building up these clouds while also trying to create a blend in the sky color from top to bottom.

The landscape is basically there just to give some scale and doesn't have any detail.

Oh, well. One of those learning experiences. It won't go in the trash, that's for sure.

10"x14" watercolor on Arches 140lb. cold press paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment