Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I Ain't the Captain of the Valdez, But I've Spilled Some Oil On Canvas.

I've temporarily parked my watercolor brushes for a minute and have played with some oil colors and worked on canvas.

Here are two that I have done. Mind you, I have probably only done about 4-5 oils in my life, including these two. It's a whole new ballgame to figure out. But, I'm up for the challenge.

The first one I did was a different view of some cottonwood trees along the banks of the Wind River in Wyoming that I had done in watercolor earlier this year.

It's 11"x14" canvas board.
























Then today, I have done one of a view of the Tetons in Wyoming.

14"x11" canvas board




















I looks like I'm going to have to invest in better quality oils and canvas for the future. I'm diggin' doing these and I can always add more to my library of work in different mediums.

No comments:

Post a Comment