Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Another One For The Virtual Paintout

So, I spent some time looking around Provincetown, MA. to find another scene for the paintout. I never know what may catch my eye and this time I seen a person sitting on a stoop enjoying a smoke, talking on their phone, and their pooch staring up at them. So, I just had to paint them. It's cool to wonder about this person. I mean, what was the story? Where are they now....No, not in a stalker sort of way!! I can put myself right there, listening to the dogs tags clink on the leash clasp, and the chatter of passers-by, the smell of the smoke (not something I like, mind you), and feel the heat of an August day.

Sent myself a screenshot, e-mailed myself a link so I could find the spot again if need be, and pulled out my Moleskine watercolor sketchbook and a pencil and loosely sketched in the subject. I used a pencil this time over a pen to allow me to get some softer edges.

I worked quickly and tried not to let myself get too bogged down in details. For one, the faces on Street View are pixelated out, so I just kinda hinted at the face...which isn't the center of interest anyway.

Once again, it was a fun exercise. I may becoming addicted to this.

Here is the screenshot.



















And here is what I did with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment