Saturday, January 18, 2014

Overcoming The No

What is overcoming the no? Today it was my internal battle whether to stay in and enjoy the warmth of the studio or go out and paint in the cold and wind. I finally willed myself out the door by late afternoon and went in search of something to paint.

I was pretty sure I wanted to head across the river and try to get a scene of the bridge or something with the river in it. But, as I was looking, I saw this lone tree out in a huge field and the ruts filled with snow and ice. That was going to be it. So, I set up and went to painting as quickly as I could.

Winter ruts, don't we all suffer those at this time of year?




















           "Winter Ruts"
   9"x12" oil on linen panel
                $245








No comments:

Post a Comment