Sunday, January 26, 2014

Painting Above the Dam

We had a welcome break from the extra cold weather we've been having, so I grabbed my gear and went in search of my painting for today.

I decided to run up to Hawesville, KY. to the overlook on the Ohio River that looks down on the Cannelton Lock and Dam. It was a beautiful view today, but the wind was relentless. One time even blowing my tripod over while nothing was even attached to it. Luckily it never dumped over with my painting on it...I was wary and had a hand on it most times, like when I was painting I had to hold it as steady as I could.

I initially put in a down river bound towboat, but once I got home I switched it around and made one approaching the lock. That set me to remembering my short stint onboard a towboat many years ago as a deckhand and locking through this very place...funny the differing perspective.

Be sure and check out my video below.

























"Above the Dam"
12"x12" oil on linen panel
NFS




Here are some photos from the spot.





















And here is my short little video...the first ever that I have shot while painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment