Thursday, January 9, 2014

Going to Hawaii

OK, so I'm not going physically. Once again, thanks to Google Street View, I'm going to retrace some of my steps from our trip to Oahu.

We had rented a Jeep and rented a place to stay on the North Shore, Kawela Bay to be more exact. We drove around the windward side along the Kamehameha Hwy. following all it's twists and turns along the ocean side and amongst the overhanging trees. I was having dreams of my Swiss Family Robinson fantasy tree house somewhere along here.

Well, I can't have the tree house or get back to Hawaii any time soon, but that can't stop me from painting.

Here is a link to the view I grabbed: http://goo.gl/maps/46dtb

















And here is the image I created in my sketchbook.
7"x11" watercolor




















No comments:

Post a Comment