Friday, January 10, 2014

Painting During Our Heat Wave

As the whole world knows, we have been experiencing temperatures much lower than normal this week here in the midwest thanks to the Polar Vortex that swept down out of Canada....Brrr, it was cold for few days. But, today we've seen temps roar back above freezing and nearing 50.

So, what better time to get out of the house and paint. I grabbed my gear and headed out. I only had about two hours, as I needed to be home to get the kids off the bus.

I went to a spot that has been on my radar for a while on the backside of Ben Hawes Park. I drove up the road and found a safe spot to pull over, got out, set up, and started a timer on my phone.

It wasn't long before I heard a car slowly approaching and it stopped right beside me. The gentleman's curiosity piqued, he asked a few questions. I thought his voice sounded kind of familiar, but it wasn't registering just yet. I got around to telling him I was originally from Boonville, IN.

Now, this is where you just never know what you will see, hear, or experience when out painting in the outdoors. He said, "Do you remember the song, "One Night in Boonville?". Well, of course I remember the song, I was in high school in the '80's when that song was on local radio making fun of my hometown. I was never really offended by the song. We have to be able to laugh at ourselves...besides, it was mostly true. Ha, Ha!!
Now he tells me that he wrote that...and of course, it all makes sense then. He's a local DJ, very well known, Brian Jackson.

We chatted a bit more, but my timer was running and I needed to concentrate.

So, you just never know....

Oh, and here's the painting.

"Barn On Willett Road"
8"x10" oil on linen panel









































No comments:

Post a Comment