Saturday, January 4, 2014

William Kentridge

Today was a non-painting day for me. But, I don't let my time go to waste. I spend it reading and researching all things that will help me achieve my goals. Since I have no new work to show, and this is a blog devoted to art, why not give you some insight on what I find important or interesting...even enlightening.

Today, I want to introduce you to an artist whose work fascinates me, William Kentridge. I had the good fortune of catching an exhibition of his work at the Hirshhorn Museum in Washington DC. some years ago and it still resonates with me.

Obviously his working methods and subjects are like nothing I do personally, but I just really like what he does. Maybe it's the raw simplicity of his use of charcoal, yet the complex nature of his work.

I'm posting a short video that gives a brief glimpse into his work. But, I suggest watching the others that are on YouTube also.






No comments:

Post a Comment